Thursday, September 23, 2010

Excel

In the past I have worked with microsoft excel.  When I first started working with it, it was difficult for me to get used to all the tools it has.  Now that I have spent some time with it, I really like this program.  I feel that excel is a useful tool that all teachers should learn how to use.  There are so many ways to use this software that will save a great amount of time in the classroom and with grading.  I will definatley use microsoft Excel when I get a teaching job.

As a teacher we can use excel for many things, we can use it for a gradebook, and we can use it for classroom projects.  The advantage of using a spreadsheet over a calculator is thta the excel program will do all of your calculations for you.  In the book it talks about the three primary functions of excel spreadsheet.  I think all three would be very useful for a teacher.  I am not sure what else  you can use excel for but now that I know how to use it im sure i will find different ways to use this program to mine and the students advantage.

Jonassen, D., Howland, J., Marra, R. M., Crismond, D. (2008). Meaningful learning with technology. New Jersey: Pearson Education Inc.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to learn how to use Excel more. You have such an advantage by learning it before class. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Stantz, I agree with you about Excel because I am looking forward to using it and becoming more familiar with it. Excel has many advantages and I am glad to be learning about it. Our teaching job may require us to know this stuff. I enjoyed reading your post.

    ReplyDelete