Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Assignment 3 Blog Posting

After watching the inspiration video I really liked this idea.  I would really be able to use something like that for brainstorming.  The inspiration even puts together an outline of what you are doing while you are working on your assignment.  I think I could really use this in the classroom.  When you are making a chart or table explaining something to the students the system automatically makes an outline for you.  This would help you as well as the students in understanding the material better.

I would say that this system would best be used for things like book reviews and taking notes for chapters out of your assigned readings.  I am still mainly focused on the fact that it puts an outline together for everything you do.  That has to be one of the best complements to a writing system that I have seen so far.  So not only will the student turn in their brainstorm but with it would come an outline of everything they have done.   This would make it much easier for the teacher to make corrections and for the student to fix the corrections.

All in all I think that the inspiration technology is the best writing system that has come out yet.  This is a high quality system that would help the students and the teacher.  The only thing that I could see as an issue with this is that it has to be expensive.  And the way the economy is and the rough times that everyone is facing, it is hard to get this system in the classroom.  But if this was accessable to me as a teacher I would definatley use this program.

.Inspiration Videos and Webcasts for Using Visual Learning In Your Classroom. (2010). Retrieved September 13, 2010, from Inspiration Software, Inc.: http://www.inspiration.com/videos/Inspiration

1 comment:

  1. All that you have said it true and I agree with you 100 percent.

    ReplyDelete